- Since April 2016, Avremi Torem is the Commissioner for Equal Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Israel. The Commission acts to prevent discrimination and promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities in Israeli society, as citizens with equal rights and responsibilities in all areas of life. Among these are employment, community living, education, public transportation, services from businesses and public authorities, social security, culture and leisure. To achieve those goals, the Commission cooperates with relevant entities in all sectors – the Government, local authorities, and the private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Between 2001 and 2016, Avremi Torem held the position of CEO of the Beit HaGalgalim organization – a NGO that provides a range of services for children and adults with physical disabilities throughout Israel. Services include education, leisure, employment, self advocacy, family.
- Avremi Torem is one of the initiators of the establishment of a body for organizing CEOs – a central body that is currently used to present organizations in the sector.
- During the years 1997 to 2000, Avremi Torem was the Vice President of Marketing at a consultant and marketing research company.
- During 1991-1996, Avremi was Vice President at Casif LTD – a company in the field of tourism.
- 1988 to 1991, Avremi Torem was CEO of the Sharon Scout Movement leadership including 24 cities.
- Avremi Torem completed his military service as a soldier in the Infantry.
- Avremi Torem holds a BBA specializing in Marketing and Communications from the College of Management. Additionally, he participated in several courses on managing organizations and management courses of the IMC and College of Management.
- In 2013, Avremi Torem participated in the Maoz-Seal project, a program that helps its members to promote professional and ethical practice in the public sphere in Israel. At the end of the program, Avremi participated in a Public Leadership course at Harvard.
Additional Public Activity
At the local elections held at the end of 2013, Avremi Torem was elected to the Drom HaSharon Regional Council and served voluntarily as a member of the general assembly and as an active member in the various committees of the Council.