The 7th Access Israel Annual Conference on “The Future of Accessibility”
Access Israel is the leading non-profit organization in Israel dedicated to promoting accessibility and inclusion for people with all kinds of disabilities and the elderlies to improve their lives in all spheres of life.
Access Israel was established in 1999 by Yuval Wagner in order to transform Israel in to an accessible and inclusive society. Yuval was a helicopter fighter pilot in the Israeli army before he became wheelchair bound due to a helicopter accident during his service. In addition to his new found situation, Yuval felt like a prisoner in his own home due to the lack of accessibility in Israel at the time. However, Yuval did not accept the situation as it was and established Access Israel in order to create a more accessible and inclusive society.
For more information on Access Israel and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.aisrael.org/eng
One of the organization’s flag events to promote this cause is the ‘Access Israel Annual International Conference’.
The 7th international conference will take place on May 26th, 2019 and will focus on “The Future of Accessibility”. The goal of this year’s conference is to make sure that the future will be accessible from “day one” and when relevant – by design.
Conference Goals and Objectives:
- Continue to promote accessibility and inclusion
- Share knowledge and practices between experts and professionals involved in the field of accessibility and inclusion
- Create a meeting point for all dealing with accessibility in Israel
The main Topics of the Conference:
- The transition from implementing accessibility, to maintenance, to excellence in accessibility
- The challenges of the next few years and possible solutions
- Challenges of making future technologies accessible by design
- Developments in the field of accessibility
The Conference will include:
- A comprehensive and professional conference with around 1,000 participants and speakers who are leaders in their fields in Israel and around the world.
- Original and experiential workshops
- An exhibition with assistive technologies and innovations – the only one in Israel
- A day of professional workshops to learn and share knowledge in the field of accessibility – open for those who registered to the conference
The Target Group of the Conference – Everyone who Deals with Accessibility:
- Approximately 1,000 participants will take part in the conference
- Authorized accessibility professionals for buildings, infrastructures, environment and services, accessibility and equality supporters, legal consultants, purchase managers, technological entrepreneurs, website and IT managers, and application developers
- Representatives from retail, smart city field, architecture and interior design, lawyers, health, education, tourism, culture, sports, human resources, corporate responsibility and training.
- There will be government officials and representatives from local authorities, businesses and many organizations.
Every year, the conference serves as a meeting point for professionals in the field of accessibility. It is an opportunity to enrich our knowledge, meet new colleagues, and find new ways to impact society and continue to improve accessibility and inclusion.
Program at a glance:
The Conference will take place over 5 days and will include:
- May 23, 2019 – Customized meetings with relevant businesses and organizations throughout the day and a technological speed dating event in the evening.
- May 24, 2019 – Accessible day trip in Israel.
- May 25, 2019 – Day off (Saturday).
- May 26, 2019 – Access Israel’s 7th International Conference with an exhibition of accessibility promoting technologies and “Feast of the Senses” dinner in the evening.
- May 27, 2019 – Professional workshops with experts from Israel and abroad to deepen the knowledge in the field.
We provide our International participants with a package valued at 1,000$ free of charge.
The conference will take place on the 26th of May 2019
To sign up to the conference please press here.
Please click here to get an impression of last year’s conference.